Prof. K. L. Mahawar
Physical Education & Sports
Dr. Manoj Kumar Dhadwal
Specialization: Physical Education & Sport
Teaching & Research Experience: 15 Years
The timings of the Outdoor Sports facility is as follows:
Students/ Teachers/ Officers/ Employees:
– 06:00 AM to 10:00 AM
– 03:30 PM to 08:00 PM
– 06:00 AM to 11:00 AM
– 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
– 06:00 AM to 08:00 AM
All the students, faculty members/officers and employees of the University holding valid identity card will be entitled to use the gym and out door/Indoor sports facilities.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SPORTS SECTION
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, lucknow striving for academic excellence, and at
the same time sponsoring varieties of activities that would contribute to the wholesome
development of personality and promote health among students. Sports and Games are
one such area promoted by the University with an intention of ensuring Physical, Mental
and Emotional Health of the Student Community. For the smooth conduct of the intramural
and extramural sports programme of the university, the Sports Section was established by
the University in the year 2007.
The Sports Section caters to the Sports needs of students from all Departments’ and
Schools’ of the BBAU.
1. To promote students’ sports participation and to create awareness about the benefits
of Physical Education & Sports and to spread Sports Culture among students.
2. To search Sports Talent at the School/Departmental level and to groom them as
3. To Project the Potentials of University by organizing National Level Tournaments.
4. To provide Incentives and bestow Awards to Sportspersons to maintain sustained
interest among students to participate and perform progressively.
5. To involve Alumni, N.R.I’s & other Sports Agencies for raising funds for the
Development of Sports Infrastructure.
6. To initiate measures to evolve Group/Individual Accident Insurance Scheme for
Sportspersons taking part in the Inter-University Competitions.
7. To Develop Adequate and Standard Sports Infrastructure Facilities like Playing
Fields, Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Track & Field, and procure Quality Equipment.
8. To provide Systematic Coaching Programme by involving Qualified & Competent
Personnel to groom University Teams & Sports Talent.