Hostel Grievance & Committee
Grievance Redressal Mechanism in Hostel
- Hostel in the University exists to provide the conditions of congenial living to the inmates, within the constraints of resources and personnel. Routine matters pertaining to the provision of facilities for the day-to-day running of the hostel, therefore, should be attended to by the existing hostel authorities. Redressal of grievance through the proposed special mechanism should be viewed as a last resort.
- Any grievance from an inmate in the first instance shall be referred to the concerned warden who shall, depending upon the nature of the grievance, ensure that it is processed by him/her as speedily as possible and in no case later than a week from the date of receipt.
- In case the inmate or inmates are not satisfied with action taken by the Warden, the inmates, as the case may be, are free to bring the grievance in writing to the notice of the Dean Students‟ Welfare concerned as soon as the decision of the Warden has been notified and in no case later than one week from the date of decision of the Warden.
- The complaint will be made to the Dean, Students‟ Welfare along with the copy of the decision of the Warden.
- Students may appeal against the decision of the Dean, Students‟ Welfare in writing to the Grievance Redressal Committee of the university with a copy of the decision of the DSW and the Warden.
Committee against Sexual Harassment (Complaints Committee)
As per the guidelines of the Government of India and the Supreme Court of India, the Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University maintains that no member of the University community may sexually harass another. Any employee or student may be subjected to disciplinary action for violation of this policy. The university has a complaints committee, duly existing for any such redressal.