Information & Guidance Bureau
About I & GB
As a yet another step in the continuous process of developing Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow to one of the best of its kind in the nation, it was decided recently under the guidance of our Hon’ble Vice –Chancellor Prof. B. Hanumaiah to establish an Information and Guidance Bureau (I.&G.B.) in the campus. In order to build the career, the students need to know what are the options available and where and how they can achieve it. In order to cater these precise needs of the students, the I. & G.B. came into existence since 27.08.07 and is committed to do the needful for the benefit of the students, alumni and scholars of the campus.
Aims and Objectives
Apart from above, students also receive constant academic counseling from the teachers at the departmental level
- Career guidance
- To collect and disseminate information regarding scholarships, fellowships, training facilities, admission and various professions etc.
- To help the students with availability of various career guidance literature magazine at the bureau.
- Information about Competitive examinations
- To provide information on competitive examinations conducted by various Public Service Commission and other Governmental agencies
- Information about Scholarships and higher education in foreign countries
- To give information on various courses of higher studies in India and abroad
- Employment Guidance & Assistance
- To register post-graduate students and other University alumni for general as well as professional streams for employment assistance as and when suitable opportunities arise.
- Employment and Business information
- To help the University Placement cell in organizing campus interviews
- To impart vocational guidance to the students
- To get enterprising unemployed youths acquainted with the facilities and incentives under self-employment scheme for the Registered unemployed.
- Personal Guidance
- Making the students understand their own personality traits. And making them aware of their interest, aspirations, aptitude, strengths and weaknesses.
- Solution of specific personal problems of students.
Prof. Shilpi Verma, Department of Library and Information Science
- Prof. R. P. Singh, Department of Environmental Science Chairman
- Dr. Sanjay Dwivedi, Department of Computer Sciences
- Dr. Priti Mishra, Department of Human Rights
- Dr. V. Elangovan, Department of Applied Animal Sciences