Information & Guidance Bureau
About I & GB ( Information & Guidance Bureau)
As a yet another step in the continuous process of developing Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow to one of the best of its kind in the nation, it was decided to establish an Information and Guidance Bureau (I.&G.B.) in the campus. In order to build the career, the students need to know what the options available are and where and how they can achieve it. In order to cater these precise needs of the students, the I. & G.B. came into existence since 27.08.07 and is committed to do the needful for the benefit of the students, alumni and scholars of the campus. The Cell also caters to the need of society by organising awareness campaigns on women, literacy, health and hygiene in slums and villages time to time
Aims and Objectives
Apart from above, students also receive constant academic counseling from the teachers at the departmental level
- Career guidance
- To collect and disseminate information regarding scholarships, fellowships, training facilities, admission and various professions etc.
- To help the students with availability of various career guidance literature magazine at the bureau.
- Information about Competitive examinations
- To provide information on competitive examinations conducted by various Public Service Commission and other Governmental agencies
- Information about Scholarships and higher education in foreign countries
- To give information on various courses of higher studies in India and abroad
- Employment Guidance & Assistance
- To register post-graduate students and other University alumni for general as well as professional streams for employment assistance as and when suitable opportunities arise.
- Employment and Business information
- To help the University Placement cell in organizing campus interviews
- To impart vocational guidance to the students
- To get enterprising unemployed youths acquainted with the facilities and incentives under self-employment scheme for the Registered unemployed.
- Personal Guidance
- Making the students understand their own personality traits. And making them aware of their interest, aspirations, aptitude, strengths and weaknesses.
- Solution of specific personal problems of students.
Co - ordinator
Prof. Shilpi Verma,
Department of Library and Information Science
Toll Free No.18001805789