University Placement Cell
General overview of the Central Placement Cell:
The most significant resource of any civilized society is its trained and skilled manpower. In the contemporary competitive world, education is not just a mode of transmitting knowledge but equipping the students with the contemporary professional skills and ability to take up the global challenges for contributing the society to a greater extent as well as fulfilling their career aspirations. The University Central Placement Cell was constituted in the Academic Session 2007-08. Since its inception, the Cell is helping the students to identify the organizations for training and placement. Further, Campus Interviews are organized to provide opportunity to the students to showcase their talent and to facilitate them to be placed in various organizations across India and Abroad. The Placement Cell is dedicated to support the students in their pursuit to get jobs in the esteemed organizations. In addition to this specialized lecture, workshops and job fairs are organized to provide students different platforms to attain their respective heights.
Recent Updates of University Placement Cell
||Member of the CPC
||Campus Placement on 11/02/2015
||CPC Organising one Workshop on Placement & Training
||NABARD Student Internship Scheme (SIS 2015-16)
||CPC notice April 2015
||HPPSC 2015 - 2016 Recruitment
||Vacancy Assistant Professor ( Delhi university)
||Campus recruitment Drive for the Law students
||Workshop on dt. 26.08.2015 on Pradhan Mantri kaushal Vikas Yojna for Skill development
||Employment job alert detail CPC notice August 2015
||Recruitment Information Sheet
||Campus placement on 07.10.2015
||Campus placement on 14.10.2015
||Employment information Banking Institute
||For P.G. Students NCRI Internship Programme
||Job and internship opportunities in TCS
||Job and entrepreneurship opportunities
||Registration form for recruiters
Constitution of the Central Placement Cell
Professor (Dr.) R.C. Sobti, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, BBAU
Prof. R.B. Ram, Registrar, BBAU
Dr. M.S. Khan
The main objective of the placement cell is to strive to help and guide students get deserving placements through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership and partnerships. Supreme emphasis is laid on providing the most modern and sophisticated learning environment coupled with Indian heritage and value systems. The teaching methodology is contemporary which keeps the students and the staff abreast with the ever-changing scenario in the educational arena along with a fine blend of traditional Indian ethics and value systems. Tradition gives us ethics and values and modernity gives us opportunity to apply those values to move ahead and make our mark. The academic and cultural activity at BBAU provides a platform where all students come together and explore the individual and group talents and resources. The faculty and management possess a high degree of integrity and knowledge that churns the students into efficient and effective human beings. The University provides guidance and support for graduating students to build their future through its constituent units. Particularly the Postgraduate institutes of the University are organized to assist passing out students in seeking employment opportunities. The industry too recognizes that the University students have appropriate inputs to make them better professionals to make a career in the industries. the University through its constituents also has continual interaction with reputed national and multinational companies that visit the campuses for recruiting the graduating students.
The Training & Placement Cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to its graduates in their efforts to find employment. This commitment is demonstrated by the existence of a full scale functional cell. The benefit of this assistance is reflected in the preparation of students who are able to secure lucrative and esteemed positions in the recent years. The training & placement service operates year round to facilitate contacts between companies and graduates. Guidance may include advice on placement procedures help with preparation of applications and resumes and practice for interviews. The aim is to ensure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search. Those considering careers in education or in related fields are offered detailed career guidance at the Training & Placement Cell, all advice is based on up-to-date placement statistics and an envisioned view of future and educational and industrial trends. Every efforts is undertaken to create opportunities for our students to get placemen. We hope to reach maximum placements level in the years to come. The placement cell publicizes information about employment opportunities and makes information available about higher education in India and other countries. Placement talks are arranged and facilities are provided for Campus interviews. A large number of students have been able to secure good jobs through the placement in some of the reputed multination companies. Govt. agencies, etc. the fundamental visions of the Cell is to make every students of BBAU, a success story by helping them become global leaders who can manage and lead change across diverse organizations.
Fundamental Functions of the Central Placement Cell
The Central Placement Cell functions with full time academic and professional staffs.
The functions of the Cell are as follows:
To guide and help students to find a work placement that best suits their career goals. This involves training the students in all Steps for a Work Placement.
- To have close liaison with the industry for placement of the students,
- To help students Preparing their CVs, & Covering Letters.
- To organize the entrepreneurship workshops,
- Training students in Aptitude Tests and Interview Techniques,
- Also involving in constant Job Search, finding Work Placement Opportunities and giving the students General Advice and Guidance.
- Gathering information about the Companies that required the skilled People.
- Identifying potential placement opportunities.
- To establish Contacts with corporate bodies.
- To collect feedback from the companies coming for placement,
- Arranging Industrial Visits for project work for all courses.
- The Cell provides the infrastructural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests, and interviews besides catering other logistics.
- The training and placement cell facilitates the process of placement of students passing out from the university.
BBAU offers Masters/M.Phil and Ph.D programs in the following disciplines.
- School for Info. Science & Technology
- Dept. of Information Technology
- Dept. of Computer Science
- Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Dept. of Library and Information Science
- School for Bio-Science Bio-Technology
- Dept. of Applied Plant Science
- Dept. of Applied Animal Science
- Dept. of Biotechnology
- Dept of Pharmaceutical science
- School for Ambedkar Studies
- Dept. of Economics
- Dept. of History
- Dept. of Political Science
- Dept. of Sociology
- School for Environmental Science
- Dept. of Environmental Science
- Dept. of Environmental Microbiology
- School for Home Sciences
- Dept. of Human Development & Family Studies
- School for Legal Studies
- Dept. of Human Rights
- Dept. of Law
- School for Management Studies
- Dept. of Rural Management
- School for Physical Sciences
- Dept. of Applied Physics
- Dept. of Applied Chemistry
- Dept. of Applied Mathematics
- Dept. of Applied Statistics
- School for Education
Reasons to Opt BBAU
In any academic Institution, the quality of faculty is the most important. At BBAU, we pride ourselves in having some of the most talented and dedicated thought leaders in the country who come from the best institutions around the world. Not only are they academically and professionally amongst the best, but have high standards of moral and ethical values, so that they can be true role models.
At BBAU, the core faculty comprises distinguished academicians from the best institutions and leading professionals from the corporate world with rich industry experience. The faculty is ably guided by our Revered Vice Chancellor Prof. R.C. Sobti. Besides carrying out industry oriented consultancy and applied research, the Faculty also authored books and presents papers in their respective field of expertise.
In addition to the permanent faculty, leading professionals from the corporate world interact regularly with the students in the classroom as well as their workplaces. The students get a different insight into the subject with the rich industry experience the faculty shares with each of them. They encourage the students to look beyond the books and explore the subject with experiential learning.
ETHICAL CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THE STUDENTS
- Students must be punctual in reporting to the company for the recruitment process.
- Students should not discuss any points (Package, Job profile, Location etc) at the time of interview. Any queries should be discussed with the Placement Coordinator. – It is expected that students prepare a file, in hard copy, of all their academic records when appearing for campus recruitment process.
- Candidates should always carry 4 copies of their resume (as per the college format) and 2 passport size photographs for the GD/Interview of a company.
- Student misbehaving in any manner with staff of Training and Placement Cell will be debarred from Placement.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by visiting team or their representatives.
- Students are not allowed to use mobile phones in the vicinity of a company official and also are for bidden to carry the question paper out of the examination hall after the written exam.
- Students are expected to maintain decorum in all interactions with company officials such as PPT/written exam and so on.
- Students should reach for PPT/Test/Group Discussion/Interviews on time. Also Students will not be allowed to leave the hall before the PPT is completely finished. Any student found violating this will be liable to disciplinary action.
- It is compulsory for every interested candidate to attend the Pre-Placement Talk of a company in formals for which he / she has applied otherwise he / she will not be allowed to sit in the placement process of that company.
- No student will directly contact any company official for any purpose. This includes forwarding of resumes for consideration, opportunities of Internships/Dissertations etc. All communication should be channelized through Placement /Coordinator of Placement Cell.
- Students are also advised to keep a watch on the Notice Boards.
- Under no circumstances should a student negotiate with a company executive about CTC offered during the course of the selection process. Any student violating this norm will be liable to strict disciplinary action.
GENERAL RULES OF THE CENTRAL PLACEMENT CELL
- After onsite registration in BBAU placement cell, student can see or receive the notifications/information about their placement and internships in any institution.
- Students can send their CV with photographs on the email of the placement Cell.
- Students from Masters programs can see the notifications from their first semester, but only after completing their third semester are eligible to sit in any programme coordinated by BBAU placement cell. The students of MA/M.Sc/MCA programme of any schools will be eligible after completing their 3rd semester.
- Placement cell will allow only registered students of BBAU to sit in the recruitment programmes.
- If a student got selected in any of the institutions coming under the Placement Cell, he/she can't sit in interviews of any other institutions in that session.
- All the information will be sent on the email of the registered students.
- The Placement cell will take responsibility for the placement and internship of its student in reputed institution, and will intervene in case the institution changes its policy from the time of recruitment of the students.
- Placement Cell will not be responsible for absenteeism in any test, interview or any selection process which a student has to attend as part of an institution's recruiting procedure.
- Placement Cell will be helpful for the students who registered under its website.
- The role of the Placement Cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities.
- Once the student accepts the offer given by the company, he/she will be out of the placement activity.
- In case a student appears for two or more companies on a particular day then he/she will be considered selected in the company which first comes out with the final selection list and he/she will be out of the placement process of the other companies.
- Any issues to be discussed should be forwarded to the respective Placement Representative and it is his/her responsibility to take it up with the Placement Cell.
- If market situation and job scenario necessitates a revision in the Placement Policy, it will be done in a manner so as to maximize the benefit to the student community as a whole.