Civic Engagement Activities
Societal Consciousness/Civic engagement activities of the University
The University is conscious about societal issues. This is the unique institution created to spread the message of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar father of Indian Constitution. It is the only institute which provides 50% reservation for the SC/ST students.
For the Students
- In all the courses additional seat for single girl child, thallesemia patients, cancer patients etc.
- Free/subsidized education to below poverty-line students
- Special scholarships for meritorious poor students
- The University has introduced dual degree programmes in Engineering Courses
- Guidance for employment
For the Society
- One credit programme each on Community Services and Moral Education for the students in all the 50 courses has been introduced by the University. The students are required to visit the colonies & work for the empowerment of the colonymates w.r.t. providing computer education, environment awareness etc
- The University has adopted 3 villages wherein the students and teachers of the University interact with the colony-mates and sensitize them about environmental issues and immunization schedule and distribute educational materials
- The School for Legal Studies offers services to the poor and disadvantaged sections of the society through Legal Aid Clinic
- The faculty of horticulture and sericulture impart training to the community and empower them to earn their livelihood
- The rural marketing faculty apprise the rural farmers and artisans of the techniques of marketing to enable them to secure a better and fair price of their produce
The University is making serious efforts to make the University Campus polythene, gutka(tobacco product) & smoking free zone and made the students to strictly follow the traffic rules. The University also plans to take-up such issues in a bigger way through Distance Education Programme being started from the Academic Session 2014-15. The University has already planted 5000 trees in the recent past & the process is going on.
The University has started a Community College to provide education to those who are unable to attend regular courses. The courses in Dietetics and Silk Production have been started w.e.f. 2013-14. The courses in Confectionary; Food Preservation; Packaging of masala/spices and food items through formulation of SHG(self help group) at village level; Clinical Pathology and Aquaculture are planned. Open & Distance Learning programme is in offering from the ensuing session 2015-16.
Works Undertaken Under Community Work
Village visits for Community Services