The cell takes care of all issues including Scholarships, Grievances of the SC/ST Students of the University.
The University has reserved 50% seats for SC/ST candidates in all the teaching programmes including research programmes.
Functioning of SC/ST Cell
- Implementation of reservation policy both on admission and recruitment.
- Correspondence with MHRD/UGC/NCSC and Other Institutions.
- RTI Reply of SC/ST Cell & RSO.
- Conduct of Advisory committee meeting, preparation of its agenda and minutes for implementation of various welfare schemes for SC/ST.
- Processing of application forms of SC/ST category students for university aid for PG dissertation work/Ph. D. thesis preparation/ study tour.
- Grievances of SC/ST category students.
- Grievances of SC/ST category teaching and non-teaching employees and outside persons.
- UG, PG & Ph.D. student’s data preparation/compilation in respect of SC/ST.
- Collection, compilation of statistical data and submission of various information to MHRD/UGC/SC Commission/ST Commission/AIU and other organization from time to time in respect of SC/ST.
- Dealing with the Visit of SC Commission/UGC SC committee etc wherever it occurs.
- Post Matric scholarship & Fee reimbursement for SC, ST, General, OBC and Minority.
- Work relates to Post Matric Scholarship & Fee Reimbursement for other state students.
- Coordination/Liaisoning with Social Welfare Department, U.P., District Social Welfare Officer Lucknow, District Backward Welfare Officer Lucknow, District Minority Welfare Officer Lucknow and Regional Higher Education Officer Lucknow.