Head of the Department
The School of Education has established to address the felt need of the country in the 21st Century in relation to empowerment of teachers in the context of current trend of skills shortage and unemployment. While efforts are under the way to implement programmes ranging from Certificate to Diploma and P.G. Diploma, Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. in the discipline of education from all stages (nursery, elementary, secondary, senior secondary, college and university including technical and vocational ). As per the guidelines of the University Grants Commission, six centres are established under School of Education to cater the need of teacher educators and researchers to conduct research and innovations in the field of Education. Again the primary reference point for designing and delivering the programmes are at par with the needs and demands of the Industry. Presently, the Centre for Professional Development of Teacher Educators and Teacher Education Curricula(CPDTETEC) has already started M.A Education Programme under Innovative Course.
Short term and Long term goals
Short term goals
- Designing highly employable Innovative Programmes
- Developing Curriculum for School Education
- Practicing Pedagogical Innovations
- Promoting Action Research
- Community Outreach
Long term goals
- Extension of Minimum Levels of Learning Competencies from primary stage to upper primary, secondary and senior secondary stage.
- Setting National standard for Twelve Years of School Leaving Certificate
- Supporting National and State level Educational Policy for Inclusive development
- Linking Policies with educational practices
- Promoting Indigenous Research
- Centre of Excellence in School Education